Ripstop fabrics are woven fabrics, often made of nylon, using a special reinforcing technique that makes them resistant to tearing and ripping. During weaving, (thick) reinforcement threads are interwoven at regular intervals in a crosshatch pattern. The intervals are typically 5 to 8 millimeters (0.2 to 0.3 in). Thin and lightweight ripstop fabrics have a 3-dimensional structure due to the thicker threads being interwoven in thinner cloth.
Advantages of ripstop are the favorable strength-to-weight ratio and that small tears cannot easily spread.
Ripstop reinforcements are incorporated into heavier fabrics requiring extreme durability, such as those used in Battle Dress Uniforms, protective clothing for firefighters and other workwear
- Versatile two-in-one protection with the right balance of strength, durability, comfort, and great looks.
- High performance waterproof and wind resistant Polyurethane coating on a 300D Rip Stop Polyester outer shell.
- Convenient zippered removable fleece inner layer to accommodate Jacket to climate changes.
- Heavy duty construction front zipper with inner flap for added torso protection from rain and wind.
- Detachable hideaway hood with adjustable face aperture for additional shielding and protection.
- Polyester soft fleece fabric on stand-up collar for increased comfort and warmth.
- Two external zippered fleece lined pockets make excellent hand warmers.
- Two reinforced chest utility tabs to hold microphones, flashlights, ID cards, etc.
- Radio/cell compartment armed with a hook and loop seal flap to repel water.
- Dual pen/marker pockets on left sleeve.
- One inner zippered pocket
- One inner open pocket with hook and loop strip.
- Convertible stand up collar for added comfort and protection.
- Large inner zipper at waist level to open jacket for printings.
Meets American National Standard for High Visibility Safety Apparel: ANSI /ISEA 107 – 2015 / Class 3 Level 2
Rip Stop Material; ANSI Compliant 2 inch silver reflective tape; Perfect for jobsite construction workers, or to use in any emergency
7 Pockets: 4 Outside,1 Inside and 2 in Zip Out Removable Fleece Jacket; Concealed Detachable Hood
Cell phone/radio chest pocket on outside shell, Zip Out Removable Fleece Jacket
Attention – This jacket may be slightly larger, since it is made to be used on top of your winter or summer clothes. Please double check our size chart located in “PRODUCT DESCRIPTION” before ordering. Do not use the Amazon size chart.